ESFA SAP Model
ESFA Association SAP Model for community football
MUFC will be participating in the 2022 ESFA Association Skills Acquisition Program (SAP) program.
This post outlines the program, trial dates and costs.
The ESFA Association SAP Model aims to provide association players with a high-level community football experience following the FFA National Curriculum and SAP format. The association SAP Model will act as the ‘top’ division in community football for age groups under 10s, under 11s and under 12s.
The objectives of ESFA are:
- To maintain and attract players who are looking to play the best level of football in the Eastern Suburbs, whilst representing their club.
- To create a strong level of competition to cater for players/teams of that ability
- Develop a player and coaching pathway that is centralised to the Club and Association
- For clubs to offer a structured program, through coaching cycles and curriculum
- To simplify game day management for players in the ‘championship’ division
- The SAP program is a MIXED program, so any budding Matildas are encouraged to trial.
- Minimum number of training sessions is two sessions per week from the start of the season until the last round of games.
- Teams will have a coach who has at a minimum completed a Skill Training Certificate or C-License
- All Age Groups from a Club will play at the same venue/location.
- The full Fixtures List will be issued prior to the start of the season, and will not be changed
The competition will consist of 8 teams from the following clubs:
- Dunbar Rovers FC
- Easts FC
- Glebe Wanderers FC
- Heffron Hawks FC
- Maccabi Hakoah Junior FC
- Maroubra United FC
- Pagewood Botany FC
- Queens Park FC
The under U12 ESFA Sap League will be decided via a grand-final playoff with the winner having the opportunity to qualify for the Champion of Champions competition. This is to prepare this age group for a more competitive league when they move into U13’s. it is not envisioned that there will be a grand-final playoff for the U10 and U11.
All Age Groups from a Club will play at the same venue, with each age group playing one after the other.
- Under 10s 11am Kick Off
- Under 11s 12pm Kick Off
- Under 12s 1pm Kick Off
The MUFC Program
Training is be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Coral Sea between 5 and 7PM.
Our SAP program is overseen by our Technical Director, Nick Short, as part of his responsibility for coordinating the coaching across the club. All coaches will have or be working towards a C level coaching licence.
Each team will nominate a team manager who will work alongside the coach and be responsible for all non-football aspects of running the team.
This is a first for Maroubra and we are anticipating some teething problems along the way. In the spirit of working together and getting this program to be the best it can be, Maroubra United has decided that there will be NO additional fees above normal registration attached to the SAP program. All MUFC asks is that all participants, parents and coaches work together to build a strong and vibrant SAP program that strengthens the club and enriches the players. With this ethos in mind please, please do not enrol you child in the trials if you/they do not want to take part in SAP. Refusing a spot after trialling wastes the coaches time is unfair to the other participants and is not in the best interests of anybody.
Looking forward to a great program and a lot of fun!
Maroubra United Football Club